Thursday, January 17, 2008
This fortnight's question at Twenty Something Bloggers:

If you won the lottery, would you keep it a secret?

First of all, this is going to be hypothetical if I won the lottery right at this moment in my life. I would definitely tell my parents and sister, and probably my maternal grandma. This is so I can buy them things - specifically, I'd buy my parents a house/apartment and pay for renovations if they find a place they like other than our current apartment, so that they don't have to pay for mortgage anymore. I'd also buy my grandma her house in California so that she doesn't have to worry about that either. Then I'd take my mom and sister and grandma shopping (jewellery first, then bags, shoes, and clothes).

After that, I would fly first class to move to New York and buy an amazing apartment there overlooking Central Park, so I can continue being a poor writer but not worry about rent. With the rest of the money, I would buy my boyfriend Colin the new Macbook Air and the iMac (his desktop is literally in pieces on his bedroom floor, and his G4 is really...old. haha).

After I've done that, I'd probably just put the rest of away in savings to pay for utilities, plane tickets to visit family, and travelling. And I'd be happy.

That's all! :)

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Other bloggers:
Ana@eclectic closet
Donna@A Glass Full of W(h)ine
Rachel-Catherine
James@The Ink

Labels:

posted by Shopgirl at 3:35 PM |



2 Comments:

At January 17, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Blogger ANA said:
A lot of real estate investment...smart girl.
 



At January 18, 2008 at 2:30 AM, Blogger JenBun said:
I don't think I would be able to keep it a secret...

I would also buy houses-- one for me, one for my best friends, an extra one for my parents... and shopping, definitely shopping! But, I would keep working, too. Oh, there are so many things I would do, shoes I would buy... =)